Monday, May 15, 2006

St Pancras


I used to live in a part of London that is named St Pancras, it is the parish which is centred on the church of St Pancras. I lived there for 4 years and used to pass this church on my way to university or work. I got to wondering who exactly St Pancras was, and so I went in one day and found out!

St Pancras was a Roman citizen who converted to Christianity, and was beheaded for his faith at the age of just 14 around the year 304 AD. Apparently he worked in the Imperial household and was asked by the Emperor to renounce his new religion, he refused proclaiming Jesus as Lord.

This young boys bravery astounded me, he was a kid! But he showed maturity, bravery and dignity beyond his years and I daresay more faith then most modern 'Christians' would dare admit to, nevermind proclaim!

This boy is and will continue to inspire me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home