Wednesday, August 09, 2006

I want some good news!


It is sometimes wearisome reading the news, digesting all of the miriad of wickedness that takes place each day, sometimes I am filled with anger, othertimes hatred!

Sometimes I am broken and I dispare of the foolishness around me, I dispare of the unbelief, the idlolatry, the false religions that encourage people to hate and murder!

The truth is, I take comfort in the Bible, it may sound trite, it may sound naive, but it is the truth and in that truth I take comfort and I am encouraged by the immovable truth before me.

It encourages me, even someone as sinful as I, that Yahweh is love, it lightens my weary heart and puts a spring in my step, it is like a cool breeze on a hot day or a roaring fire on a cold Winters eve! There is something magic in the words of that book, something precious.

Even if wars do wage, even if they sweep everything I have known away, even if my heart is broken, I have Yahweh, GOD, my shepherd, my father!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home